This interview question asked in many interviews. When you attend an interview where the project is Banking then this is the right question to prepare.
32 Complex SQL queries
Top selected Complex SQL queries frequently asked in all interviews of top software companies.
1). How to process 2 files by comparing key fields in COBOL?
- Read the records in both the first file and the second file. If the key field matches, you can ignore it.
- Let us say T, M files.
- T < M means this is a new account so we need to update in the master file
- T > M means an account is missing in the Master file, so we need to update it
- If both files are the same number of records. It is good, our work is reduced
- If T file comes to AT END you need to move HIGH VALUES into the key field
- If M files come to AT END you need to move HIGH VALUES into the key field
- So you need to process till both key fields are equal to HIGH VALUES.
Note: Key fields must be in PIC (X) not numeric
- To avoid a lot of I/Os, you can read data into a local array table, and you can process the records.