These are COBOL interview questions on variable record(VB) files. Some of these questions I have gathered from my friends. The collection is here to go.
- VB files can have variable-length data. This length you can set by using the “Depending On” clause.
- Table with OCCURS ( for VB or FB) can have a maximum of 7 dimensions
- The key value of an Array must not exceed 256 bytes
- The EXIT PROGRAM statement should be the last statement. Else, the statements following it will not execute even CALL statement is active.
- VB files record structure should use at separate 01 levels.
- In Evaluate, the executions continue to the next executable statement following the scope delimiter, if you do not use either of these WHEN/ WHEN OTHER.