The below are the list of five tips. These you cannot get right information in other places.
The tips provided here on CICS for handling Abends and calling both static and dynamic calls. Also given tips on how to call non-CICS modules from CICS modules.
- Many people do not give HANDLE ABEND command in their CICS programs. Due to this your program will get interrupted without a clue. Also, debugging the issue is tricky and takes a lot of time. Better method is always give HANDLE Abend command in your programs.
- The default compiler option is NODYNAM, even though the program being used has Dynamic calls. The reason behind this is , if your translator is integrated one then NODYNAM option supports it.
- The LINK you can use when your subprogram is resided either in local/remote
- For all STATIC or DYNAMIC COBOL calls, the subprogram must be present in local
- When you use LINK to call subprogram, the assumption is that the subprogram has CICS commands. Whereas DYNAMIC COBOL calls can be used for both CICS and non-CICS programs.