Table performance optimality you need. A Table with properly optimized saves a lot of time and shows better performance. So for optimization, you need updated statistics, and this is possible with Rustats utility. You May Also Like Array vs List in Python Top Differences.
This is a question for developers while working on projects and when they give interviews. Runstats is a utility that collects statistics and sends these to the optimizer for the right decision.
When to Run Runstats in DB2
You need to run this utility during the below scenarios.
- When a table is loaded
- When an index is created
- When a tablespace is reorganized
- When there have been extensive updates, deletions, or insertions in a tablespace
- After the recovery of a tablespace to a prior point in time
How Optimizer Decision Affects When You Not Collect Statistics
- The optimizer may not take the right decision for multi-joint tables query
- The optimizer may choose the wrong choice of index, which in turn affects performance
- When a column designed to have default values, you need to run the RUNSTATS utility for frequency value statistics help in better decision
How to Know When to Execute Runstats
- You need to refer to SYSIBM.SYSCOLDIST catalog table about the running of Runstats utility is needed or not. The IBM Data Studio tool will also show those statistics.
- DB2 gets the frequency value of statistics when Runstats utility is executed.
Python does not support arrays. However, it supports Lists. The given examples help you know the differences between these two.
DB2 SQL is popular in mainframe and open source. I have given DB2 tricky SQL queries for your reference.
SQL procedure saves your time when writing it for repetitive tasks. On top of that, writing code with Labels improves readability. So that maintenance is easy.