EXPORT REPORT TO ‘USERID.TEMP.DATA’
You will then need to drop into EDIT, delete the first 12 or so lines of QMF control data, and the last 3 also, and shift the whole dataset 18 characters to the left.
You will then have the data that you saw on your QMF panel in the dataset of your choice.
If the data is too large to edit in the fashion above, then you need to print it to a dataset. Follow these steps:
- From outside of QMF allocate a dataset large enough in terms of tracks and cylinders and wide enough (LRECL) for your report.
- Go into QMF and generate your report.
- Type ISPF on the QMF command line
- Go to Option 6 (TSO)
- Issue the command FREE DD(DSQPRINT)
- Issue the command ALLOC DD(DSQPRINT) DS(‘userid.dataset.name’) SHR putting in the correct dataset name allocated in)
- Type =X
- From within QMF issue the command PRINT REPORT (PRINTER=printer LENGTH=CONT
This will put the output from QMF into your predefined dataset.
Also Read: QMF Best examples on PRINT