DB2 very basic questions that are asked in many interviews given here. The questions are related to what kind of data you can insert into Tables and how
- Can we give DISTINCT on multiple columns in SQL?
- Multiple distinct are allowed now in DB2 from V8. Distinct can be given on multiple columns.
- Is it possible to insert multiple rows into a Table?
- Multiple rows can be inserted into a Table with Insert INSERT INTO T FOR : X1 ROWS VALUES(:hva1, :hva2) ATOMIC
- What is main difference between Atomic and No Atomic?
- Atomic- If a single row fails, all will fail. No Atomic– All the rows inserted independently
- Can we insert encrypted data into DB2 Tables?
- Encrypted data can be inserted into a Table INSERT INTO EMP (SSN) VALUES(ENCRYPT(‘289-46-8832′,’Srini’,’ Blogs’));
- Will DB2 supports enterprise COBOL?
- DB2 V8 supports Enterprise COBOL V3.2 or later