What is new in DB2 V11 for ZO/s.
- less CPU time on heavy insert, select query workloads, and when running queries against compressed tables.
- Improved data sharing performance and efficiency.
- Improved utility performance and additional zIIP off-load for LOAD and RUNSTATUS
- Cost-effective archiving of warm and cold data with easy access to both within a single query
- Intelligent statistics gathering and advanced optimization technology for efficient query execution in dynamic workloads.
- Additional online schema changes that simplify management, reduce the need for planned outages, and minimize the need for REORG.
- Productivity improvements for DBAs, application developers and system administrators.
- Efficient real-time scoring within your existing transaction environment.
- Enhanced analysis, forecasting, reporting and presentation capabilities, as well as improved storage management, in QMF.
- Expanded SQL, SQL PL, temporal and XML function for better application performance.
- Faster migration with application protection from incompatible SQL and XML changes and simpler catalog migration.
- DB2 11 is its support of an extended RBA. Read this Robert Catterall post for a good explanation of this feature.
- The addition of DROP COLUMN should continue to improve online schema changes. New online data repartitioning is designed to significantly reduce the need for planned outages.
See some more.
- No application changes required for DB2 upgrades
- DB2 11 also brings performance enhancements with long running BIND and DDL threads and improved clone table management and more efficient data sharing.
- DB2 11 applications with SQL or XML will be able to run in compatibility mode, even if they’re incompatible with the new release.
- New functionality “Index Duplicate Removal”
- Suppress Null index- It suppress if all values are Null in Index columns
- Good support for data analytics/integration
Refer here for more details.