UNIX is most growing OS in the world. Security wise this is an excellent OS. Apart from this so many UNIX flavor platforms came into the market. Example R-Language, SAS etc.
I am giving here some of the best commands we need to learn.
- Moving around the file system:
- Listing directory contents:
- Changing file permissions and attributes:
- Moving, renaming, and copying files:
- Viewing and editing files:
- Shells Environment variables,Interactive, History,Filename ,Completion:
- Bash is the way cool shell:
- Command SubstitutionSearching for strings in files:
- The grep commandSearching for files :
- The find commandReading and writing tapes, backups, and archives:
- The tar command File compression:
- compress, gzip, and bzip2Looking for help:
- The man and apropos commands
- Basics of the vi editorFAQs
Check here full UNIX commands list.