This is great IMSDB/DC material for super success in interviews. Use this as a quick refresher. Any questions, you may post here, we will answer those.
The term database means a collection of related data organized in a way that can be processed by application programs. A database management system (DBMS) consists of a set of licensed programs that define and maintain the structure of the database and provide support for certain types of application programs.
“The types of database structures are network, relational, and hierarchical. This manual presents information on IMS, a hierarchical database management system from IBM.”
The IMS software environment can be divided into five main parts:
- Data Language I (DL/I)
- DL/I control blocks
- data communications component (IMS TM)
- application programs
- Hierarchical versus Relational Databases
- Design Considerations
- Segment Edit/Compression
- The Advanced Guide to GU And GHU Calls read now
- This is why Command Codes are most popular in IMS DB
- The best solution for Deadlock in IMS DB database