In CICS you can find two kinds of storage. Temporarily storage and Permanent storage.
LOAD Vs GETMAIN
Storing data within transaction:
- Transaction Work Area (TWA)
– User storage acquired by EXEC CICS GETMAIN without SHARED option
– COMMAREA in an EXEC CICS LINK or EXEC CICS XCTL
– TIOA in an EXEC CICS LINK or EXEC CICS XCTL with INPUTMSG
– Program storage
Sharing data across transactions:
– Temporary Storage
– Common Work Area (CWA)
– Terminal user area (TUA)
– COMMAREA in a RETURN
– TIOA in a RETURN with INPUTMSG
– Display screen
– Intrapartition transient data
– Your own files
– User storage acquired by GETMAIN with SHARED option
Load is used for a program which is independently compiled and has an entry in PPT.
Load makes a copy of an application program, table, or map available to the invoking task. If the program is defined with RELOAD=NO, it is fetched from the LIBRARY concatenation where it resides only if there is not a copy already in main storage. If the program is defined with RELOAD=YES, a new copy is always fetched from the LIBRARY concatenation.