In CICS you can find two kinds of storage. Temporarily storage and Permanent storage.
Storing data within transaction:
Transaction Work Area (TWA)
- – User storage acquired by EXEC CICS GETMAIN without SHARED option
- – COMMAREA in an EXEC CICS LINK or EXEC CICS XCTL
- – TIOA in an EXEC CICS LINK or EXEC CICS XCTL with INPUTMSG
- – Program storage
Sharing data across transactions:
- – Temporary Storage
- – Common Work Area (CWA)
- – Terminal user area (TUA)
- – COMMAREA in a RETURN
- – TIOA in a RETURN with INPUTMSG
- – Display screen
- – Intrapartition transient data
- – Your own files
- – User storage acquired by GETMAIN with SHARED option
- Load is used for a program which is independently compiled and has an entry in PPT.
- Load makes a copy of an application program, table, or map available to the invoking task. If the program is defined with RELOAD=NO, it is fetched from the LIBRARY concatenation where it resides only if there is not a copy already in main storage.
If the program is defined with RELOAD=YES, a new copy is always fetched from the LIBRARY concatenation.