The following are the complex questions related to variable record(VB) files in COBOL. Why this is complex…
The reason is many people confused with record structure of VB files. Some of the questions I have gathered from my friends. The collection is here to go.
- VB files can have data varying in length. The length we can control by depending on clause
- Table with OCCURS either VB or FB, can have maximum 7 dimensions
- The key value specified in any Array mus not exceed 256 bytes
- The EXIT PROGRAM statement should be the last statement in a sequence of imperative statements. When it is not, statements following the EXIT PROGRAM will not be executed if a CALL statement is active
- VB files record structure we can use at different 01 levels
- Evaluate – If no WHEN phrase is selected and no WHEN OTHER phrase is specified, execution continues with the next executable statement following the scope delimiter