In this post, I have given tough COBOL interview questions on variable record(VB) files.
The reason is many people confused with the record structure of VB files. Some of the questions I have gathered from my friends. The collection is here to go.
- VB files can have data varying in length. The length we can control by “Depending On” clause
- Table with OCCURS either VB or FB can have a maximum of 7 dimensions
- The key value specified in any Array mus not exceed 256 bytes
- The EXIT PROGRAM statement should be the last statement in a sequence of imperative statements. When it is not, statements following the EXIT PROGRAM will not be executed if a CALL statement is active
- VB files record structure we can use at different 01 levels
- Evaluate – If no WHEN phrase is selected and no “WHEN OTHER “phrase is specified, execution continues with the next executable statement following the scope delimiter