DB2 Aggregate functions also called Column functions.
SELECT MAX(VALUE_1) FROM SAMPLES.TABLE_1;
- All aggregate functions, we need to use only in SELECT statement
- If no row found, we will not get +100 sqlcode, instead we will get NULL value
- The return value from all Aggregate functions can be NULL, but for COUNT and COUNT_BIG always numeric result
- COUNT always return integer
- COUNT_BIG always return DECIMAL
- DISTINCT can be applied on all aggregate functions. But has no effect on MAX and MIN functions