Here is topic how to edit IMS DB segments in File-aid for mainframe.
How to open file-aid in edit mode
In case you are not able to open File Aid in Edit mode, follow the steps.
- Open your file Aid with option 2 for Edit, you will get below screen.
- Now in the bottom of the screenshot there is a option “IMS log dataset usage” with indicator ‘N’.
- Change the Indicator value from ‘N’ to ‘AD’ or ‘AK’. Now you will be able to edit the database.
- ‘AK’: If you want to have the log file available to backout your changes.
- ‘AD’: If you don’t want to have the log file.
IMS DB FileAid Screen
How to Use IMS File-Aid Video
You must be logged in to post a comment.