1) How many ways you can pass data from one program to another program?
2)What are the 3 commnds that you use in CICS to pass data to another program?
-LINK, XCTL and RETURN
3)How to create a CHANNEL and Container in CICS?
EXEC CICS PUT CONTAINER(container-name) CHANNEL(channel-name) FROM(data_area) commands.
4) What are the different commands where you can use CHANNELS?
EXEC CICS LINK PROGRAM CHANNEL(channel-name)
EXEC CICS RETURN TRANSID CHANNEL(channel-name)
EXEC CICS START TRANSID CHANNEL(channel-name)
EXEC CICS XCTL PROGRAM CHANNEL(channel-name)
5)How can you pass data using INPUTMSG?
EXEC CICS RECEIVE
EXEC CICS LINK
6)Will data is available to program A ?
Scenario – A->(LINK)B -> (XCTL) C
Yes, If rogram A issues a LINK command to program B, which in turn issues an XCTL command to program C, and if B passes to C the same communication area that A passed to B, program C will be passed addressability to the communication area that belongs to A (not a copy of it), and any changes made by C will be available to A when control returns to it.
7) Is it possible to issue RETURN command to access a Transaction id of Higher level from Lower level?
No, It is not possible
8) Along with LINK Command, if we do not give LENGTH, then what will happen?
Link command will fail
9)How many Containers you can add to a CHANNEL?
NO Limit. As you wish, you can add ‘n’ number of containers
10) Which one CHANNEL or DFHCOMMAREA might take more staorage?
CHANNEL might take more storage. Since DFHCOMMAREA is accessed by Pointers. CHANNEL with containers COPY data from one program to another.