Your skill and experiences says, how you can write your program. That needs some essential tips you need to follow.
- Sequential Vs Relative files top Ideas to Consider on Usage
- 20 Unique Creative Quotes By Dental Student
- DB2: Unique-index Vs Clustered-index
- COBOL Comp-5 doesn’t support Decimals why
- Full Auth Vs Partial Auth Reversals Simplified
The below tips improves your COBOL program performance:
- Always remove extra variables declared in working storage section
- Use different paras for different business logic . Do not put all your business logic in one para.
- Reduce usage of GO To statements
- Use wherever required 88 level condition statements
- Always write comments for each para what it does. In terms of business words.
- Use PERFORM statements always. Must use “Exit” statement at the end of each para.
- Use ‘OPEN’ statement for all the files at one place. And CLOSE all the files at one place.
- Check IF conditions properly. If lengthy IF conditions are there (more than 3), then go for EVALUATE
- Use ‘SEARCH ALL’ only. if your array is having more than 50 records. Else use ‘SEARCH’
- Check empty lines between the COBOL code. Maintain only ‘one’ empty line.