Service-oriented architecture (SOA) is a business-driven IT architectural approach that supports integrating the business as linked, repeatable business tasks, or services.
General outline on how web services work in Zo/s context
- Consists of a set of JCL batch utilities that generate program components
- DFHLS2WS – Transforms a language structure into a Web Service Binding File and a Web Service Description (WSDL). Use this to put a web service front end on an existing application.
- DFHWS2LS – Generates a Web Service binding file from a Web Service description (WSDL). This utility also generates a language structure that you can use in your application programs. Use this to create a new CICS application based on a WSDL, or to enable CICS to be a web service requester
User friendly Tools
- RDz is a useful alternative tool.
- CICS Web Services Assistant useful when you do not have expertise in the eclipse tool.