Oracle is a RDBMS. Before going into details, you need to know the drawbacks in file system and why you need to go for RDBMS.
Drawbacks in file systems
- Redundancy -duplicate data
- Inconsistency -changing data everywhere
- Difficult to use – Difficult to search
- Security – anybody can access it
- Integrity -constant rules you can apply
RDBMS supports 12 cardinal rules. Different RDBMS, who supports these rules
- SQL Server
Difference between SQL and PL/SQL
SQL is a language to communicate with database structure query language.
PLSQL is a procedural language, where you can write SQL statements. And you can control execution of SQL statements.
You can read difference between Function Vs Stored procedure