Sr.Developers main task is reviewing COBOL programs. The main point is as a reviewer you need to know points to consider for review.
- First point is change log . The developer should write change log and his tag in change history
- Code alignment in the program. Beginning from ID division till exit-program or stop -Run,developer has to write program in such a way that readable to others
- Always look for , if developer commented out old code, with proper developer tag. Once review is done, he can remove old code.
- Program is written in top down approach or not
- The new changes should not damage old logic
- Evaluate and if condions should be reviewed carefully. Especially ‘and’, ‘or’ conditions.
- In the Copy books you need to review Redefine clauses properly. Else, the data may be overlapped with wrong data
- Finally to verify if program is compiled and load module is created successfully.