Sr. Developers main task is reviewing COBOL programs. The main point is as a reviewer you need to know points to consider for review.
COBOL Program Review Checklist
- Check the changelog. The developer should write a changelog and his tag in that.
- Code alignment in the program. Beginning from ID division till exit-program or stop -Run.
- The developer has to write a program in such a way that readable and structured.
- Always look for, the commented-out code is removed or not after all the reviews.
- The new changes should not impact the current logic.
- Check Evaluate & if conditions – should be reviewed carefully. Especially the ‘and’/ ‘or’ conditions.
- In the Copybooks, review the Redefined clauses properly. Else, it’ll overwrite the data.
- Check the compilation status and successful creation of load module done or not.