– What are the various locks available?
PAGE, TABLE , TABLESPACE and ROW (new lock from DB2 v10)
Also Read | The complete Db2 locking in Just few days.
- How does DB2 determines what lock-size to use (Best Technic)
- Based on lock-size given while creating Table space
- Programmer can direct the DB2 what lock-size to use
- If lock size ‘ANY’ is specified, DB2 uses lock-size for PAGE
– What are the disadvantages of PAGE level lock
High resource utilization, if large updates to be done. (This lock causes high resource utilization).
- What is lock escalation
Promotes PAGE lock size to Table or Table Space lock-size, when a transaction has acquired more locks than specified in NUMLKTS. Locks should be taken on objects in single tablespace for escalation to happen
– What are the various locks available
SHARE, EXCLUSIVE and UPDATE
– Can i use lock on a View
No, this is not possible. But, it applies lock on base table.