There are many ways you can modify a SQL query. Here I am going to cover two types.
- Take out your production query into test region, and execute and capture results
- Test your modified query also in test region .
- Compare your results, then modify your query in production box
- Online SQL is another option. Where you no need to install any SQL development Software. Then you need to create simple tables and then write your SQL and test it.
- This way testing is highly useful and you can tweak SQL easily.