Here are ideas that you can use in CICS programs to improve performance.
CICS Programming Ideas
- Many people don’t use HANDLE ABEND command in CICS programs. Due to this, your program will get interrupted without a clue. Also, debugging the issue is tricky and takes a lot of time. Better method is always give HANDLE Abend command in your programs.
- The default compiler option is NODYNAM, even though the program being used has Dynamic calls. The reason behind this is , if your translator is integrated one then NODYNAM option supports it.
- The LINK you can use when your subprogram is resided either in local/remote
- For all STATIC or DYNAMIC COBOL calls, the subprogram must be present in local
- When you use LINK to call subprogram, the assumption is that the subprogram has CICS commands. Whereas DYNAMIC COBOL calls can be used for both CICS and non-CICS programs.