Generally many PLI programmers have question in their minds that how to access DB2 database from PLI program.
PLI program is similar to COBOL program. But, there are few things you need to consider while working on these.
In general, the coding for you PL/I program will be the same whether or not you want it to access a DB2 database. However, to retrieve, update, insert, and delete DB2 data and use other DB2 services, you must use SQL statements.
You can use dynamic and static EXEC SQL statements in PL/I applications. To communicate with DB2, you need to do the following:
- Code any SQL statements you need, delimiting them with EXEC SQL
- Use the DB2 precompiler or, if using DB2 for OS/390 Version 7 Release 1 or
- compile with the PL/I PP(SQL()) compiler option,
Before you can take advantage of EXEC SQL support, you must have authority to access a DB2 system. Contact your local DB2 Database Administrator for your authorization.
- PLI these are the best ways for VSAM files
- PLI these popular guidelines you need to access DB2
- How to Select Language During Creating DCLGEN