Timeout is different from Session time out. Session time out is if you open your online account certain time by not entering required input data, then, the session will be timed out.
Timeout is due to network traffic and Gateway or server busy, your transaction is not successful but money is deducted from your card.
Sample flow chart
Those kind of transactions they put in timeout queue. These will be processed after 24 or 48 hours.
- Tokenization new story in Cards domain Vault-less
- All You Need To Know About Credit Card Analytics
- The best explained Void, Reversal and Returns
- The most popular Issuer Response codes in Credit card domain
- 2 Key Differences of Magnetic Strip and EMV cards