TSQ also called a temporary storage queue. To write records for the internal reading purpose you can use it in your CICS program.
CICS is a top system in Mainframe to design programs in an interactive mode.
What is TSQ in CICS
TSQ also called temporary storage queues. 3 top commands you need to know to work with TSQs. To add or update a record, you must use the WRITEQ TS command. To retrieve a record, you must use READQ TS command. And to delete a queue, you must use DELETEQ TS command.
Top Features of TSQ in CICS
- To write a record dynamically
- You can delete a queue
- You can read a queue
- In all the commands, QUEUE name is common
- Two popular errors are possible. QIDERR- when the queue is not present, you will get this error. ITEMERR- when item or record not present, then you will get this error
- A large amount of external memory you can save with TSQs.
- You may Store DB2 table data in TSQ for later usage.