TSQ also called temporary storage queue. To write records for internal reading purpose you can use it in your CICS program. The CICS is popular online method being used in Mainframe.
What is TSQ
TSQ also called temporary storage queues. 3 top commands you need to know to work with TSQs. To add or update a record, you must use the WRITEQ TS command. To retrieve a record, you must use READQ TS command. And to delete a queue, you must use DELETEQ TS command.
You can see after each commands two letters ‘TS’. This means temporary storage queue
Features of TSQ
- To write a record dynamically
- You can delete a queue
- You can read a queue
- In all the commands, QUEUE name is common
- Two popular errors are possible. QIDERR- when queue is not present, you will get this error. ITEMERR- when item or record not present, then you will get this error
- A large amount of external memory you can save with TSQs.
- You may Store DB2 table data in TSQ for later usage.