TSQ also called temporary storage queue. To write records for internal reading purpose you can use it in your program.
What is TSQ
TSQ also called temporary storage queues. 3 top commands you need to know to work with TSQs. To add or update a record, you must use the WRITEQ TS command. To retrieve a record, you must use READQ TS command. And to delete a queue, you must use DELETEQ TS command.
You can see after each commands two letters ‘TS’. This means temporary storage queue
Features of TSQ
- To write a record dynamically
- You can delete a queue
- You can read a queue
- In all the commands, QUEUE name is common
- Two popular errors are possible. QIDERR- when queue is not present, you will get this error. ITEMERR- when item or record not present, then you will get this error
- A large amount of external memory you can save with TSQs.
- You may Store DB2 table data in TSQ for later usage.