In DB2, performance tuning is the main role of Senior software developers. The real complex point is where you need to focus. I have given here key ares to improve performance.
Advantages of tuning
- Good performance reduces CPU time utilisation
- application running cost you can reduce.
Performance tuning tips in DB2
Right Access Path…
Here, how to find right access path.
- Access path determined by during bind time
- Access path at execution time
- DB2 checks catalog statics updated or not. So that it determines right access path
- DB2 checks clustering index defined on any tables, which access so frequently
SQL query written in simple way…
- SQL query should be as simple as possible
- Avoid GROUP BY and ORDER BY
- Avoid unused columns
Avoid Sorts in SQL query…
- Use Indexes correctly, instead Sorting methods..like GROUP BY or ORDER BY etc
- DB2 Five key areas to improve Performance
- Real logic you need to connect DB2 using PHP engine
- Top DB2 privileges really useful for certification seekers
- DB2 UDF sample function read now with awesome interview question