In DB2, the role of Senior software developers is performance tuning. The real point is where you need to focus. I have discussed key areas where you need to focus.
Advantages of tuning or Performance
- reduces CPU time utilization
- application running cost you can reduce.
Five Top areas you need to focus to improve performance
1. Right Access Path…
Here, how to find right access path.
- Access path determined by during bind time
- Access path at execution time
- Read more tuning ideas if you want to know more here
2. Statistics update…
- DB2 checks catalog statics updated or not. So that it determines right access path
- DB2 checks clustering index defined on any tables, which access so frequently
4. SQL query written in simple way…
- SQL query should be as simple as possible
- Avoid GROUP BY and ORDER BY
- Avoid unused columns
5. Avoid Sorts in SQL query…
- Use Indexes correctly, instead Sorting methods..like GROUP BY or ORDER BY etc
- 5 top areas improve DB2 performance
- Real logic you need to connect DB2 using PHP engine
- Top DB2 privileges really useful for certification seekers
- DB2 UDF sample function read now with awesome interview question