Here’re the prime responsibilities of DevOps developers. It is a new approach that speeds-up the deployment process.
Role of non-DevOps Developers
- Developers role is to write quality code.
- Divide long code into small pieces
- No hard coding variables in the programs
- Avoid repeated code. Keep all the repeated code into some other sub-module.
- Add comments clearly before each section or class. New developers can understand easily.
- Readability and formatting is a major factors
- Code needs to be tested in development process
- Peer reviews and Architect reviews need to happen. Certain amount of time effort is required to do reviews for Code and Testing results.
Role of DevOps Developers
- Must be efficient to use integration tool
- Tools usually have monitoring functions for all phases of Software Life Cycle. The developers should know how to use all these functions
- Deployment and promoting to next level all these functions already present in DevOps Tools. Each developer should learn these functionalities.
- Must have clear idea on integrating concepts such as web services, deploying into different servers, if require, moving to Cloud. In modern DevOps tools all these features are available.
- Developers to be successful in DevOps career must have complete idea on points 1 to 4 and should have ability to use correctly.
DevOps Interview Questions
1). Why DevOps You Need?
- A) The DevOps is a layer between Development and Operations. To reduce cycle time between development and operations you need DevOps.
2) What is Operations team?
- A) The operations team includes DBA, Release management and Production support.
3) What is Development team?
- A) Development team responsibility is to develop and test the code according to requirements given by clients
Two Kinds of developers:
- Application Developers
- DevOps Developers
Developers who are working on client business requirements called as application developers .
Deploy development code into production using DevOps tools called as DevOps developer
Advantages of DevOps
- Reduce Cycle time between development and operations
- Quick implementation for all last-minute changes
- Fast deployments – so that new features you can make available to end users quickly. You can beat competition in the market.
- Team collaboration improves. For example, in DevOps methodology both Application team and DevOps team should work together to achieve common DevOps goals.