Linux is popular among open source community. You can install all open source projects on Linux. These tricky points help you understand much better on Linux.
1# Linux Kernel
The kernel allocates memory and CPU time, and it also controls access to disk and network hardware. In addition this pdf helps you to know Linux file system.
Embedded Operating System
Android is the embedded Linux Operating system. The others Like CentOs, Fedora, Debian. These run on Servers, Desktops and Laptops.
Android you can use in any small device. So Android is Linux Embedded OS.
The open source definition specifies that users should be able to distribute changes, but it doesn’t require that users distribute the software under the terms of the same license.
3# Multi Tasking
Linux’s multitasking is preemptive, meaning that the kernel can give CPU time to any process as it sees fit, potentially interrupting (or preempting) other processes.
If you want to enable one Linux computer to access files stored on another Linux computer’s hard disk – the best protocol is NFS.
Top language in which most of the Linux kernels written is C.
6#. Managing Linux Applications
You can install and run different Linux applications by using Package management system.
7#. Locate Command
The purpose of locate command is it searches a file name from all the directories.
Linux servers are more popular that they available for continuous processing.
- Diff – This commands is useful to compare two files.
- Comp – This command also you can use to compare two files.
- Nice – This command you can use to change the priority of a given process.
- Rmdir – You can use to remove a directory.
- 9 Linux tricky Points Every User must know
- Linux ‘su’ these are popular real life examples
- These four server Technologies changing IT world