Here’s a comparison between Amazon AWS and Microsoft Azure. The comparison is on factors such as Power and Services.
In 2019, the lines between IaaS and PaaS will continue to blur. Organizations will need to develop the right strategies for deciding how to place or build an application on the right services, and how to manage across all IaaS and PaaS on a multi-provider basis.
Most organizations expect the cloud to be cheaper. To realize cost savings, they must move the right applications, optimize them properly and continuously track spending.
What is Cloud computing?
Cloud computing comprises servers that host and run software applications, or an offering of services that are consumed (think web service).
Azure Cloud Computing
- an OS to run applications in a highly scalable manner on Microsoft servers.
- the core operating system of Microsoft cloud
- Applications split into many virtual machines
- Azure uses VMs to achieve separation of services across physical servers. Each physical server divides into multiple VMs.
- Azure Fabric: It runs only on Azure. This is suitable for both Windows and Linux. You can Scale-up or Scale-down your applications. Basically, it is a hosting environment.
- Cloud Services: After creating deployment packages, you can deploy them onto the Azure platform. Rest Azure will take care of it.
- It creates Virtual Machines(VM) as you requested. Absolutely zero downtime for updates. It manages load balancing and Fail-management. If one instance fails, it brings up another instance.
- Hadoop HDInsight: This platform helps you run your data analytics applications. Complete Hadoop Stack of applications already pre-installed here. The tools you can find are —HBase, Storm, Pig, Hive, Oozie, and Ambari, just to name a few.
- Azure Search Service: This service offers you all facilities you need to run the Search service. Best examples customers are searching to know insurance quote, then, you can deploy that application using Search service.
- Azure Media Service: It helps host your Video or Audio applications. So that users can access your media in the form of streaming without lagging.
- Azure Event Hub: This service is basically suitable for IoT and Big data applications. You will often see Azure Event Hubs used to ingest data in a big data or IoT scenario
AWS Cloud computing
- The storage in AWS is Block level
- In AWS through API you can manage services
- AWS offers support for both relational and non-relational databases
- API is the entry point in AWS
- Management console is the main area where you can create infrastructure, build and test your applications
Here’re nine AWS popular services.
- Amazon Cognito
- Device Farm
- Mobile analytics
Here’re the details of AWS web services. The best reference book for AWS is AWS in action.
You must be logged in to post a comment.