Here’s architecture on Kubernetes. Also, explained components related to it. Precisely, it is an operating system on a cloud datacenter. If you have time, you try this book The Kubernetes Real-world Use Cases.
Journey to Kubernetes
- In Mainframes, all resources supervised by ZOS (Z Operating system from IBM). In case of Kubernetes, it is an Operating system for Datacenter (Cloud). Here is a reference book Kubernetes By Example.
- Do not assume that Datacenter does contain only Hardware and Storage. Now Datacenter plays key-role as Cloud speeds up.
- Cloud computing is a machine power that you can achieve with Data center. The operating system for cloud is Kubernetes. Here’s a nice book Kubernetes on AWS for beginners.
- The Kubernetes is microservices-based architecture.
- Like a football match, it oversees the function of players (microservices). Each player resembles a microservice.
Docker Vs Kubernetes
- Docker is a container-based architecture. It is well suited for testing regions. But, Kubernetes is different. Where you can implement your apps on cloud Datacenter. This you can achieve with pods and containers.
- The Kubernetes does control the micro services. When you deploy an application to the cloud, the Kubernetes treat it as micro-service. And it oversees that micro service. Here you can check complete details KUBERNETES: AN OVERVIEW