Table performance optimality you need. A Table with properly optimized saves a lot of time and shows better performance. So for optimization, you need updated statistics, and this is possible with Rustats utility. You May Also Like Array vs List in Python Top Differences.
This is a question for developers while working on projects and when they give interviews. Runstats is a utility that collects statistics and sends these to the optimizer for the right decision.
When to Run Runstats in DB2
You need to run this utility during the below scenarios.
- When a table is loaded
- When an index is created
- When a tablespace is reorganized
- When there have been extensive updates, deletions, or insertions in a tablespace
- After the recovery of a tablespace to a prior point in time
How Optimizer Decision Affects When You Not Collect Statistics
- The optimizer may not take the right decision for multi-joint tables query
- The optimizer may choose the wrong choice of index, which in turn affects performance
- When a column designed to have default values, you need to run the RUNSTATS utility for frequency value statistics help in better decision
How to Know When to Execute Runstats
- You need to refer to SYSIBM.SYSCOLDIST catalog table about the running of Runstats utility is needed or not. The IBM Data Studio tool will also show those statistics.
- DB2 gets the frequency value of statistics when Runstats utility is executed.
Two popular HDFS commands you can use to copy HDFS files to local Linux. I have explained with examples.
Discussion in the group, you need special skills. Here, I have shared my ideas, and these are useful for fresher and campus interviews.
HTML tags parsing is one kind of parsing method in Python3 text analytics. I have shared the steps to install the BeautifulSoup parser.