Here’re my ideas on how to speak in group discussion. The group discussion also called GD. Most of the companies conduct GD during campus Interviews.
How to be Ready for GD
- Take plenty of water before you start
- Don’t be nervous, be cool
- Take initiation to tell the solution or explanation
- How logical you tell is matter
- Don’t focus on the result, do your job
You May Like : Useful English Phrases for Group Discussions
The Objective of GD: Interviewer Will Look These Four
- Communication Skills: how good you are at speaking assertively and at the same time listening to others’ points of view.
- Behavior and Attitude: how contrary or opposing views affect you and your mindset and how you carry weaker team members.
- Contribution: How you successfully align your personal goals with those of the group.
- Technical: How your knowledge and technical skills can solve complex problems and remove obstacles for others.
GD Best Practices
- Never Argue – Be smile and friendly with others during the discussion.
- Knowledge is power – Prepare well before you attend for GD.
- Take initiation – Use good English-phrases to take control of others for your turn.
- Listen – Listening to others gives you clarity on what they said. So, you can tell your views.
- Use simple English – Simple English is more than enough to communicate well. Speak politely with a smile. Don’t be angry with anyone.