Here are the top features of the S3 service in the AWS cloud. AWS S3 stores data objects in buckets. What is a bucket? A bucket is a logical container, a namespace of data objects. How many buckets can create per account? Each AWS user account has permission to create up to 100 buckets.
Can we create folders inside the buckets?
You can create folders under the bucket; inside folders, you can store data objects. Consequently, it becomes easier to separate the logical storage of data objects. Each data object has a unique key within a bucket.
- For each object, the maximum available size is 5GB.
- You can assign permissions for each object. Also, each object has metadata associated with its object.
- AWS S3 provides the infrastructure to store and retrieve data objects based on configuration. It scales automatically when we keep a large number of data objects. There won’t be any configuration changes from the user’s end.
- You can host static HTML websites in S3 buckets. Good, if you have to deal with static websites.
- It is a pay-as-you-go service. So for small organizations, it is cost-effective.
- The advantage of S3 is availability. So round-the-clock availability is less burden for users. Here is the link for Amazon SLA.