Here are the skills both general and Technical you need for big data jobs.
Skills That You Need for a Successful Career in Big data
- Ability to deal with large data sets of structured, semi-structured & unstructured data to explore business insights and develop methods to leverage that knowledge within the line of business.
- Collaborate with teams across the organization to identify & solve business challenges/problems utilizing large structured, semi-structured, and unstructured data in a distributed processing environment.
- Proven experience in Hadoop framework, HDFS, and MapReduce processing implementation.
- Candidate needs to have experience in C++, Java/J2EE, and JSP XML application development.
- Hands-on experience in any of the NoSQL Databases like HBase, Cassandra, and MongoDB is required.
- The candidate is expected to have good interpersonal/communication skills(Verbal & Written), and good stakeholder management. Experience in Agile development Methodology would be an added advantage.