- CPU reductions and performance improvements for certain OLTP, heavy insert, select query workloads, and when running queries against compressed tables.
- Improved data sharing performance and efficiency.
- Improved utility performance and additional zIIP eligible workload.
- Cost-effective archiving of warm and cold data with easy access to both within a single query
- Intelligent statistics gathering and advanced optimization technology for efficient query execution in dynamic workloads.
- Additional online schema changes that simplify management, reduce the need for planned outages, and minimize the need for REORG.
- Productivity improvements for DBAs, application developers and system administrators.
- Efficient real-time scoring within your existing transaction environment.
- Enhanced analysis, forecasting, reporting and presentation capabilities, as well as improved storage management, in QMF.
- Expanded SQL, SQL PL, temporal and XML function for better application performance.
- Faster migration with application protection from incompatible SQL and XML changes and simpler catalog migration.
- Big Data – ClustrixDB – Extreme Scale SQL Database with Real-time Analytics, Releases Software Download – NewSQL (cleansamurai.wordpress.com)