Overall as per my experience Tuning is a tricky and takes time. Target optimization involves both RDBMS and Flat files. Each area you need different optimization techniques. Read online complete Informatica interview questions Part-1.
Keep Target files in the shared directory, where usually stores only files. If the shared storage used by other tasks performance will be down.
- Drop indexes and Constraints
- Use pre-load, post-load stored procedures
- Use pre-session and post-session SQL to do this activity
- Increase Database Checkpoint intervals
- Use BULK LOAD if required
Use External Loader
- For DB2, Oracle, Sybase, Terradata – You can use this method
- Use different database connection for each session
Optimize target db
- try to store table and index on separate discs
- Optimize oracle redo log
- Give proper storage space
- Informatica – Mapping Optimization (srinimf.com)