Here are the list of Informatica transformations that give an idea of what they do.
- Advanced External Procedure -It supports only Informatica procedures
- Aggregator – to do things like “group by”
- ERP Source Qualifier –Extracts data from ERP
- Expression – to use various expressions
- External procedure. It supports both Informatica and external-procedure(UNIX)
- Filter – to filter data.
- Joiner – to make joins between separate databases, files, ODBC sources.
- Lookup – to create a local copy of the data.
- Normalizer – to transform denormalized data into normalized data.
- Rank – to select only top (or bottom) ranked data.
- Sequence Generator – to generate unique IDs for target tables.
- Source Qualifier – filters sources (SQL, select distinct, join, etc.)
- Update Strategy – to flag records in target for insert, delete, update (defined inside a mapping).
- SQL Transformation– We can pass database connection information as input
- Transaction Control Transformation– It lets users control Commit/Rollback
- Stored Procedure Transformation– Stored procedures are stored and run in the database. It returns a value.
- Java Transformation-It allows importing user-defined functions, written in Java, to run in Informatica
- Sorter Transformation: It supports sorting the data
- Union Transformation: It supports joining the rows
- Application Source Qualifier
- XML Source qualifier
- MQ Series Source Qualifier
- Application Multi-group source qualifier
- Custom Transformation
- FLXT Key transformation
- HTTP Transformation
- Web services consumer transformation
- Mid-stream XML parser
- Mid-stream XML generator
- SAP/ALE IDOC interpreter
- SAP/ALE IDOC Prepare
- SAP DMI prepare
Comments are closed.