Many Mainframe programmers saw less demand for their skills in current market. Data Analyst is the best option.
Data analyst means data analyst, research analyst, analytics, statistical analysis.
- You must demonstrate the ability to analyze large data sets
- You must show an expert ability to analyze, research or query data using SQL
- You must have the ability to report on data using enterprise, industry standard reporting tools like SQL Server Reporting Services, Crystal Reports and Business Objects
- You must have logical, problem solving skills.
- You must have strong analytical skills
- You must be able to present, interpret, discuss or write about the conclusions, inferences and results gained from researching data
- You must be able to analyze data in Excel, prepare Excel spreadsheets or PowerPoint presentation to explain your results.
- You must be able to research concepts and issues on the Internet using search engines and other web based research tools
Definition- The data analyst is growing in importance because of the trend towards storing and analyzing increasing amounts of data, so that organizations can compete based on insight, information and intelligence gleaned from their databases.
How to crack interviews:
- Database design questions
- Database development questions
The data analyst is expected to be an expert at querying databases using SQL, writing reports in Crystal Reports, Microsoft SQL Server Reporting Services or Business Objects and analyzing or presenting data in Microsoft Excel.