Below are the powerful features present in Zo/S system:
- Uses address spaces to ensure isolation of private areas
- Ensures data integrity, regardless of how large the user population might be.
- Can process a large number of concurrent batch jobs, with automatic workload balancing
- Allows security to be incorporated into applications, resources, and user profiles.
- Allows multiple communications subsystems at the same time
- Provides extensive recovery, making unplanned system restarts very rare.
- Can manage mixed workloads
- Can manage large I/O configurations of 1000s of disk drives, automated tape libraries, large printers, networks of terminals, etc.
- Can be controlled from one or more operator terminals, or from application programming interfaces (APIs) that allow automation of routine operator functions.