Use the PERFORM PIPELINE command to initiate a scan of the web service binding directory that is specified in the WSDIR attribute of the PIPELINE definition. If the WSDIR attribute is not specified, there is nothing to scan, and control returns to your program.
Generally PERFORM PIPELINE(name of pipeline) SCAN, scans for latest web service bind directory to pick latest changes.
The following errors you may get:
- During a scan, one or more web service binding files failed to install because of a naming conflict with an existing resource. This error can occur for two reasons:
- The conflict is with an existing definition that is associated with a different PIPELINE. The newly generated resource cannot be treated as an update, because the existing definition specifies a different PIPELINE.
- The conflict is with a statically installed definition. You cannot use the scanning mechanism to update a static web service binding.
- The specified CVDA value is invalid; that is, it is not SCAN.
- A scan of the web service binding directory is already in progress.
- Read access is denied to the directory specified in the WSDIR attribute for the PIPELINE resource.
- PIPELINE scan error.
- The web service binding directory cannot be accessed.
- The user associated with the issuing task is not authorized to use this command.
- The named PIPELINE resource cannot be found.