The DBDGEN utility generates DBDs for a database based on the type of database that is using the utility.
The DBDGEN program accepts several types of control statements.
- The DBD statement names the database being described and provides DL/I with information concerning database organization.
- The DATASET statement is used only in non-DEDB DBDGEN input record structures. The DATASET statement defines a data set group within a database. One or more DATASET statements follow the DBD statement.
- The AREA statement is used only in DEDB DBDGEN input record structures. The AREA statement defines an area within a database. One or more AREA statements follow the DBD statement.
- The SEGM statement defines the segments of the specified database. The SEGM statement is used with the following statements:
Each statement defines different aspects of a segment or the fields in a segment.
- The DBDGEN statement indicates the end of DBDGEN control statements.
- FINISH is an optional statement retained in the input stream for compatibility.
- The END statement indicates to the z/OS® assembler that the end of the input statements has been reached.
Different Database that need DBDGEN utility
- HSAM (including SHSAM)
- HISAM (including SHISAM)
- Primary HIDAM