The number one is referential integrity issue:
- LOAD with ENFORCE NO
- RECOVER to a point in time
- CHECK LOB
Also Read : DB2 different Pending States and Descriptions
Table check violations place a table space or partition in
CHECK-pending status when any of the following conditions exist:
- A check constraint is defined on a populated table by using the ALTER TABLE statement, and the value of the CURRENT RULES special register is DB2®.
- The LOAD utility is run with CONSTRAINTS NO, and check constraints are defined on the table.
- CHECK DATA is run on a table that contains violations of check constraints.
- A point-in-time RECOVER introduces violations of check constraints.
- An index might be placed in CHECK-pending status if you recovered an index to a specific RBA or LRSN from a copy and applied the log records, but you did not recover the table space in the same list. The CHECK-pending status can also be set on an index if you specified the table space and the index, but the recovery point in time was not a point of consistency (QUIESCE or COPY SHRLEVEL REFERENCE).
Corrective action or Solution
- Run the CHECK DATA utility.
- If a table space is in both REORG-pending and CHECK-pending status (or auxiliary CHECK-pending status), run the REORG TABLESPACE utility first and then run CHECK DATA to reset the respective states.
- DB2 Five key areas to improve Performance
- Real logic you need to connect DB2 using PHP engine
- Top DB2 privileges really useful for certification seekers