Below is the list of five selcted questions that asked for DBA interviews. These are useful to do well in your next interview.
1. What are the main issues to be considered when creating a database?
The following are some of the lists an administrator must focus
- The physical structure of the database
- Logical structure
- Communication issues
- Location of RDBMS
- Location of files
- User access control
2. What are the critical issues to be addressed when configuring the security?
The following are important functions to be considered
- Access to the system is controlled.
- Authorized users must be able to access (insert, modify, retrieve, or delete)
- Authorized users must be restricted to the data and resources that they are duly authorized to access
- Unauthorized users must not access. This is also the responsibility of DBA
3. What are the main issues to be addressed while the management of RDBMS?
Main list DBA functions to be considered
- Reorganizing existing database tables and indexes
- Deleting unnecessary indexes or moving other objects
- Making alterations to the database itself
- Making alterations to database components
- Creating additional database objects (tablespaces, data files, tables, users, indexes, procedures, etc.)
- Training users
- Backup and recovery of database objects
- Database performance tuning
4. Why are backups important? Discuss how backup and recovery are handled?
- The primary goal of DBA is backup and recovery
- Protecting database during the loss
- Recovery if something happens
- The reasons for data loss are – User error, Logical error, and Process failure
5. Why is the performance tuning of a database important?
The below are awesome reasons
- Poor database design
- Growth of database size
- Change in requirements