Agile team also called Agile Release Train (ART). The meeting with all stakeholder who involved in the Agile team called Agile PI (Program Increment) meeting.
The whole agile team involved in this team is called ART (Agile Release Train).
The PI meeting as per Agile Safe should be conducted for 2 days. They said that it should be face to face meeting. It is also OK to have video calls.
Team will create future Iteration Plans and Objectives in this meeting. SAFe means Scaled Agile Frame Work.
Agile Release Train Engineer, basically a leader for Agile Release Train.
RTE is basically a trainer for whole Agile Team. His main role is guide the team and facilitates PI meetings.
In PI meeting, ART team and Suppliers part of this meeting. For example, in a Software Company the Services provider is a supplier to the Client who implement Agile framework.
Principles Agile PI meeting
- The schedule is fixed – The PI schedule is fixed
- A new system increment every two weeks – Once in 15 days delivery will be there
- The PI timebox is fixed – The timelines are common for all teams. 8 to 12 weeks.
- The train has a known velocity – Team has some experience.
- Agile Teams – They can use other tools.
- Dedicated people – Good and dedicated team.
- Face-to-face PI Planning – Periodic meetings.
- Innovation and Planning (IP) – Provide resources for planning.
- Inspect and Adapt (I&A) – Scope for improvement.
- Develop on Cadence. Release on Demand – Release will happen as per guidelines.