Modern days network-connected users thrive for far better computing power. The computing power is a combination of Hardware, Software, and networks.
Here are four kinds of connected models. Those are
- Now a days jokingly in the software development, people follow this processing. But it s actaully agile not paralall.
- In this type of computing, all the computers keep in a single room. These systems share their work and finish.
- The best example is PARM computer India.
- Another best computer is Intel Paragon.
- Sources: Algorithms for Parallel Processing: 105 (The IMA Volumes in Mathematics and its Applications)
2. Grid Computing
- Grid means not in one place. In INDIA, Power Grid performs a common task, which supplies power. Exact way, Grid-connected computers are located at distant geographical locations and work towards a single-task.
- Sources: Grid Computing: Techniques and Applications (Chapman & Hall/CRC Computational Science)
- A central processing unit controls the grid and gets computing-power to deliver the task. The high point is, the Grid resources are heterogeneous (that means not similar).
- SETI Grid-connected Computer connects to idle-PCs all over the world and uses this power as a supercomputer.
3. Distributed Computing
- More or less meaning is similar to Grid computing. But actually, it is not. The connected powers in a Distributed model are called NODES. All the nodes work towards a common goal.
- Sources: Distributed Computing: Fundamentals, Simulations and Advanced Topics, 2ed
4. Cloud Computing
- It is the 21st century, and working and delivering task is past now. With the virtualization takes place, the physical-resources can virtualize as needed.
- The Prime goal is reduce cost, and quicker delivery.
- Resources consumption is on-demand. I need X computing-power then I will get X computing power. The other guy needs Y, and he gets Y. In general, it is elastic. It expands and shrinks according to demand – this is the power of the cloud.
- Cloud is a combination of Hardware, Software and Network. All these resources you can get on-demand.
- Nowadays, you can see, Public, Private and Hybrid models of the Cloud. Private means in the premises. Public means outside premises. Hybrid means a combination of these.
Here’s an example of how to work with pass-by-value and pass-by-reference in Python.
You can create and schedule a job in Oracle with the procedure you want. Here’s the best example for your reference
Like other languages, you can create arrays in python. Here’s the logic to create them.