At its IBM InterConnect 2015 conference here, IBM delivered new offerings that combine the power of the z13 mainframe—launched in January—with the flexibility of the cloud. At its introduction, IBM called the z13 one of the most powerful and sophisticated mainframes ever built.
It delivers new mobile, analytic and cloud capabilities for moving enterprise systems in the digital economy.
- Following the announced launch of the z13 in January, IBM is unveiling new offerings that combine the power of the all-new z13 mainframe with the flexibility of the cloud.
- The new solutions enable enterprises to use the z13 to develop, deploy and manage applications regardless of how they want to set up their systems—on-premises, cloud or hybrid—or what types of platforms they decide to use.
Cloud with Mainframe
- The new offerings include IBM Bluemix integration with z Systems. IBM has made its Dedicated Bluemix environment generally available.
- Combined with continued enhancements to connector technology within Bluemix and z Systems software, enterprises can leverage their own single-tenant version of Bluemix to build applications around their most sensitive data and existing services.
- This article adpoted from e-week.