Below is the list of questions on Admin of Kafka. These questions cover single broker, single-node Kafka cluster.
Kafka Basic Architecture
Top Kafka Admin Interview Questions
1.How the data is managed?
It stores the data as a replica in the cluster. Also, the messages are stored on the disk as well.
2. How to start Kafka broker ?
[root@localhost kafka_2.9.2-0.8.1.1]# bin/kafka-server-start.sh config/server.properties
3. What is kafka-server-start.sh ?
It contains all the necessary tools for admin of Kafka
4. How to create topic in Kafka?
[root@localhost kafka_2.9.2-0.8.1.1]#bin/kafka-topics.sh –create —
zookeeper localhost:2181 –replication-factor 1 –partitions 1 –topic
The above command creates replication:1, Partition:1, and the name of the topic is Kafkatopic.
5. How to get list of topics in the local host?
[root@localhost kafka_2.9.2-0.8.1.1]# bin/kafka-topics.sh –list —
This command provides list of topics present.
6. How to create a producer in Kafka?
[root@localhost kafka_2.9.2-0.8.1.1]# bin/kafka-console-producer.sh —
broker-list localhost:9092 –topic kafkatopic
You can create a producer client, which accepts messages from the command line, and publishes them to Kafka broker.
7. How to create a console based consumer?
[root@localhost kafka_2.9.2-0.8.1.1]# bin/kafka-console-consumer.sh —
zookeeper localhost:2181 –topic kafkatopic –from-beginning
The above command helps you create a consumer. After running, it shows the messages from the topic.
8. What are the four components you need at basic level to work with Kafka?
9. Who maintains information about meta data of Broker?
It is in Zookeeper, which shares to consumers.
10. What is consumer group?
If same message is consumed by different consumers. You can put all the consumers under one group.
11. What are five application of Kafka?
- Log aggregation
- Stream Processing
- Commit logs
- Click tracking