Below are the commands that you need to debug your COBOL program using IBM Debugger.
IBM Debugger Commands
- LIST AT -Display a list of all breakpoints in the log
- FINDBP -Find the next statement breakpoint and position the source window to it
- CLEAR AT -Clear all breakpoints in the current enclave
- A or AT Line command:- set a breakpoint at the selected statement
- C Line command: -clear the breakpoint at the selected statement
- F6 (with a cursor selected statement) Function key: -set a breakpoint at the cursor selected statement. If a breakpoint already exists at the statement, clear it.
- AT 452 -Set a breakpoint at statement 452
- AT FROM 99 452 -Set a breakpoint that will trigger starting with the 99th time that statement 452 is reached
- CLEAR AT 452 or CL AT 452 -Clear the statement breakpoint at statement 452
- D Line command: -disable the breakpoint at the selected statement (but do not clear it)
- E Line command: -enable the disabled breakpoint at the selected statement
- AT * -Set a special breakpoint that will stop at all statements
- CLEAR AT * or CL AT * -Clear the special AT * breakpoint
- AT ENTRY program name-Set a breakpoint that will trigger when program (compile unit) program-name is entered
- CLEAR AT ENTRY program-name -Clear the entry breakpoint for program name
- AT ENTRY * -Set a special breakpoint that will trigger at the entry of all programs
- CLEAR AT ENTRY * -Clear the special AT ENTRY * breakpoint
- AT EXIT program name-Set a breakpoint that will trigger when program (compile unit) program-name is exited
- CLEAR AT EXIT -program-name Clear the exit breakpoint for program name.