Refer “part1“, if you miss it. We are “Born to win“. Working with Xpediter/CICS is a nice challenging job. You agree, CICS is a popular Online Transaction Processing. Learning few Xpediter commands enough you debug CICS program.
In an online environment, either production/test environment, debugging is a little hard. With Xpediter you will overcome it. Just make sure your installation has Xpediter setup.
Follow the steps:
- XPED xxxxxxx (program name)
- Press F3, Select option 6, DSECT (Give your program name, Logical terminal, Transaction name)
- F3, F3, You will see “session control”
- Fill the options 4 and option 6 (Give user id, program name, Terminal id, Transaction id etc)
- F3, it will take you to “End session screen”
- Give “End session : No” and “Dump option: No”
- Press enter
- XPED xxxxx(pgm name)
- You will see now your program, set Break point where you need.
- Now give input in the screen, see line by line execution.
- If you want to exit from Xpediter, just use Pause-break & “XPND” to terminate a session