WebSphere Studio E Developer (WSED) is IBM integrated development tool. The following things we can do with this tool.
These are Five functions you can do with websphere
- We can do en-to-end Cobol/Cics program, coding, testing and deployment
- End-to-end XML enablement of Cobol programs
- Enhancements to EGL(Enterprise generation language). So that both JAVA and non-JAVA programmers can write end to end programs
- Zos based DB2 stored procedures we can build on it
- Supports JCA(Java2 enterprise edition connecting architecture), and WSDL(Web services description language) to connect to data produced by Cobol programs that use XML data interchange.
For curiosity as part of learning I found a link from IBM how to write Cobol/Cics programs in Websphere. Check here. Free document on Websphere Development Tool. Click here.