Informatica beating the market. Each time according to market requirement Informatica adding new features. Below are the detailed features that have been added in Informatica version 9.5.
List of New Features
- Data Integrator Analyst Option
- PowerCenter Data Virtualization Edition.
- Data Validation Option.
- Proactive Monitoring for PowerCenter.
- Metadata Manager update(Advanced).
- PowerCenter for Hadoop
Informatica 9 empowers line-of-business managers and business analysts to identify bad data and fix it faster.
Architecture wise there are no differences between Informatica 8 and 9 but, there are some new features added in PowerCenter 9.
Informatica Developer and Informatica Analyst client tools
Informatica Analyst tool
- It is a browser-based tool for business analysts, stewards and line of business managers.
- This tool supports data profiling, specifying and validating rules (Scorecards), and monitoring data quality.
- Data Integration Analyst Option Key Features & Benefits Deliver projects faster. The Data Integration Analyst Option empowers business analysts to immediately get the information they need to perform self-service data integration tasks on their own.
- Increase the productivity of business analysts and IT teams.
- The Data Integration Analyst Option enables metadata-driven business-IT collaboration and agile data integration that eliminates manual steps and countless iterations.
- Reduce the chance of human error.
- The Data Integration Analyst Option automatically generates data integration mappings from analyst-defined specifications.
- Improve data governance. The Data Integration Analyst Option enables the business to own the data while IT controls the process and has complete visibility of the data life cycle.
It is process of integrating data from many disparate sources in real-time or near real-time to support various business requirements.
It involves integrating, transforming and delivering data as a service to support applications and processes.
It makes use of the federated database technology. Data Virtualization can play the role of AGILE BI development
- Virtual Data Profiling
- Data Quality
- Advanced Data-Caching
- ETL Integrator Tool
- BI interfaces.
The Business Analyst or the Inline manager can dig in the DW/mart directly but in an integrated way.
The IT and the business team can work on the same Data Integrator logic, thereby changing the traditional way of making a change request which takes lot of turnaround time (from ETL, Staging, DW, Metadata to reporting teams).
Once satisfied with the logic (post the collaboration of the business and the IT team) the data acquisition logic can be implemented at the ETL layer & thereby enriching the Data Warehouse.
Hence, DV can provide agility to the organization’s Data Integration and business intelligence processes :
- Operationalized reports to be based on centralized logic,
- Decoupling the BI tools from the data acquisition logic i.e. allowing all tools to connect with the metadata layer.
- Read more on Page -1